Project descriptionThe aim of the "WeTrain" project is to improve educational opportunities for women and to increase the use of these opportunities for individual skills acquisition as well as for strengthening social cohesion.
Our project also aims to improve the competences of education actors and representatives of women's organisations and to strengthen institutional capacities. The actors need to know more about gender justice and social rights, environmental and sustainability aspects as well as inclusion, but also about the design and anchoring of adult education in order to implement needs-based educational offers. In this way, the institutions can position themselves as providers of attractive and future-oriented educational offers for women. The local, regional and national political decision-making level responsible for the implementation of the EU Equality Strategy 2020-2025 and the design of the framework conditions are also a salient target group of our project.
The central result of "WeTrain" will be a transferable model for gender-equitable adult education. It will exemplify:
- Women's learning needs, how peer learning works, which contents and methods are effective to reach women;
- How educational institutions and women's organisations can cooperate. It will illustrate the advantages of international cooperation and provides options for influencing framework conditions in a sustainable way.
- A strategy and process proposal for promoting women as experts and innovators - what women's participation in adult education can look like - as an effective tool for empowerment and as a contribution to furthering adult education.
- Innovative educational offers for women - methods and materials for joint learning that combine individual competence acquisition with strengthening of cohesion (sustainability, resilience, equal participation).
- Guidelines for capacity building - solutions for the modernization of educational institutions with respect to anchoring women-friendly offers, further training of teachers as well as internationalization.
- Whitepaper "Gender-equitable adult education" - framework conditions for strengthening the gender perspective in adult education; demands & proposals to policy-makers.
Reference number: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-ADU-000029740
Title: WeTrain - Suitable Training Solutions for Women
BGZ, DE (Coordinatore)
F.I.C.I.A.P. Veneto, IT
ATJ Lingwista, PL
Centrum Praw Kobiet, PL
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.