The main objective of the project is to promote the idea of CSR and sustainable development in small and micro enterprises, including those run by migrants by introducing relevant training programmes, sharing and transferring innovative practices, presenting benefits from applying the ideas to their own business practice.
Everyday operations, running a business and generating profit are the main priorities-entrepreneurs generation in the medium and long term. Everyday operations, running a business and generating profit are the main priorities-entrepreneurs act intuitively in such areas as CSR and sustainable development. It is not only due to many objective and practical reasons such as lack of specialist, lack of time, lack of financial resources but also due to lack of knowledge or reluctance in undertaking often simple, low cost initiatives. Businessmen may not realize how these can positively affect their competitiveness on the market.
The project addresses two main target groups:
- small and micro entrepreneurs / managers, mainly running their business in areas far from academic and training centres, including those with migrant background;
- educators of management and entrepreneurship: teachers, academic professors, trainers, coaches, tutors and mentors.
Thanks to this objective entrepreneurs, managers / entrepreneurs with migrant background will:
- Understand relevant strategies and policies
- See the benefits of employing CSR and sustainable development assumptions
- Assimilate with local and regional business, this will foster social inclusion
- Become more competitive and trustworthy on the market; this fosters long-term development
- Develop key competences related to entrepreneurship and company management
Another objective is to develop professional, attractive learning material for entrepreneurs and managers (including those with migrant background). By achieving this objective:
- they will get acquainted with good practice examples and sample solutions to be introduced in CSR and sustainable development
- interaction between practices, research and policy will be reinforced
they will acquire basic and transversal skills, particularly: social, civic, intercultural competences, critical thinking, digital skills,
- development of key competences related to entrepreneurship and company management will be possible
The last main objective will positively affect educators by:
- expanding and development of their competences at high level of expertise
- providing increased quality of education and training; cobining higher levels of excellence and attractiveness with increased opportunities for all, including those at disadvantage (migrants, people living far from big cities)
- providing more strategic and integrated use of ICT tools and Open Educational Resources in education
- promoting and disseminating open and innovative practises in digital era using ICT tools
The project should be carried out transnationally because in some European countries such as Germany, Italy or Spain the issues related to CSR and sustainable development are much more promoted than in Poland, Greece or Macedonia. International cooperation based on sharing good practices and innovation is necessary for developing effective and appealing training modules.
ISORESS project will also address immigrants running their business including key areas of this project.
Year: 2017 - 2019
Program: Erasmus+ Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Reference number: 2017-1-PL01-KA202-038501
Title: ISORESS - Promoting the idea of corporate social responsability and sustainable development in small and medium enterprises
Akademia Humanistyczno-Ekonomiczna w Lodzi, Polonia – coordinator
VHS Cham, Germania
Media Creativa, Spagna
Inception Enterprise, Macedonia
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.